Walking Wounded

I am going through the book Conversations on Purpose with a friend right now and can I just say it is kicking my hiney! This book just really makes you work through a lot of stuff that is not super fun to work through. I actually consider myself a pretty self-aware person, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Today's chapter was titled 'Unearthing Blockades to Your Purposes'. Sounds delightful, right? There were four topics in this chapter: motives, fear, grief, and mistaken thinking. The sections I found particularly unsettling were fear and mistaken thinking. I am not sure I love discovering all of my weird fears, not to mention the mistaken thinking.

I feel far more screwed up than I did before I read through those lists...I knew I was a little screwed up. The author even recommended us at the beginning of the book to 'trust the process'...I never actually thought I would hear those words for real. And after realizing today that one of the parts of my mistaken thinking is 'Don't trust anyone', I am sure my skeptical heart will have a hard time 'trusting the process'.

Life is funny, though...I finished that chapter on all those gross, hard things...woke B and K up, got them in the van and headed for the carpool line to get Chaddy from kindergarten. Life goes on, even when we are walking wounded. I found myself looking around at all the other mini-van moms wondering if they could tell what my fears were by looking at me....heeheehee. And I also wondered what they had learned about themselves lately. How could anybody do life without Jesus?...that's what I was wondering...

a

No comments: