Second Thought

Today I was reminded of why I stopped writing on my blog (besides the whole 3 kids thing). It's just too easy to write a blog about God, instead of actually spending time with Him. I think I took a step back from blogging in order to assess my heart in it.

I also think this is true about great conversation/discussion about God. Those conversations serve to spur us along and inspire us towards God, but nothing truly great can happen in our relationship with God unless we are alone with him...no computer, no one else. I think we all want some kind of sympathy vote or something. Like the most wise, valuable counselor is not enough. The only one who can actually do anything about anything is God and yet we desire a human audience to make us feel...well, understood.

I am not knocking fellowship and wise counsel from other believers at all. I have friends that have served me well in this capacity. But we could all stand to give it a second thought. When we think we really need to talk to someone here on earth about life, stress, frustrations, etc....have we even talked to God about it?

We talk about Him all the time, but are we talking to Him?

a