Brain overload!

So, I got up Sunday morning and went straight to the kitchen to take my thyroid medicine. Somewhere along the way, they discovered I have thyroid problems. Anyways, I always take my thyroid medicine right when I get up in the morning because I have to wait an hour before I eat. Eating breakfast, for me, is a non-negotiable. I need all of the nourishment I can get to keep up with those crazy kids!
I keep my medicine on my kitchen counter, all 5 bottles of it. I take as many pills as my grandparents these days! For some strange reason I decided to read all of my pill bottles Sunday morning and I discovered that I have been taking some of my medicine wrong for almost 2 months! When they diagnosed me with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) they put me on metformin, which is a diabetes medicine....don't ask. I just take the medicine. Anyways, I was supposed to take 1 pill a day for the first week, and then go up to 2 pills a day the second week, and then 3 pills a day the third week. So basically, I have been taking 1 pill a day for 2 months, instead of increasing like I was supposed to. When I made this discovery, I did the only thing I could...ran into the bedroom and woke my sweet husband up. I was so upset and annoyed at myself. The sad thing is that I have been oh-so-proud of myself for remembering to take all of my medicine everyday. All of my pride was a farse! I messed up my medicine again!
Ughhhhhh! This scheduling and medicine taking and paperworking and errand-running and regular jobbing and trying to maintain a normal "healthy" lifestyling is making me crazy! I feel like my brain cells are being eaten alive...eaten alive by the infertility monster!
Oh well, what can you do? I am starting the 2 pill a day thing. Please pray that I remember to go to 3 pills a day next Sunday (Easter). And I guess I can turn up some loud music and dance! That's always a great alternative to screaming at the top of my lungs! We devised a paperwork plan tonight. I have to implement it tomorrow. The ridiculous errand-running will commence tomorrow at 9am. I have my list ready and then it's off to work. Gotta get ready for Good Friday and Easter services! Good thing God is in control! Lord, help me focus tomorrow at work and provide me with amazing help Friday and Sunday with the kids. And don't let me forget in all of my madness that there are little children coming this weekend that I am charged to love and teach the gospel to. Also, Lord, I really want to sit in service on Sunday with my brother and sister-in-law. That's right people...Mayson will be in the house on Sunday! My fiery, little, red-headed niece is sure to liven things up a bit!
Love you guys,
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh and cry at the same time. Honey, honestly I don't know why you feel this part of your life is any different than the 25 years before. You change to accommodate the scenarios you're living at the time, same as everybody else. As hectic as life gets, you've always known who you are, and what you want out of life. Nothing's changed in that respect and you remain a loving wife, daughter, sister, aunt, granddaughter and soon to be mom! Trust me, your "style" won't change because someone calls you momma, but your heart will always melt, just like mine still does. I love you honey, mom