Multiplication

VBS at our new church, Park Springs Bible, starts tomorrow! Michael and I have been serving in children's church, every other week, for a couple of months now. It has been so fun to bring our gifts and everything that we have learned serving for 5 years with McKinney's children over here to Arlington.

I am the Preschool Director for our VBS...which is pretty much what I did professionally for those 5 years at McKinney. I have been working hard on this event for a month or so, but tonight after everything was decorated and all the supplies bought, gathered, sorted, and prepped I got quite emotional.

For one, I miss everyone from McKinney that I served with for all those years. And at the same time I am excited about all of the new people I am meeting and will work with this week. It is so neat to see how God is at work everywhere, not just in your one little corner of town....or in your one little church!

And then as I drove away from the church tonight, I was just thinking how cool God is that He prepares us for things like this. How amazing that he gave me people like Nita Minshew, Margie Simpson and Sherri Whitener to do ministry with and watch and learn from. People who taught me so much of what I know in ministry and in running large events.

I am so different than when I first met each of those women and so many others at McKinney...not only different as a person, but professionally I have grown so much. It makes me cry to think that I get to be a part of the MULTIPLICATION of each of the ministries that God has given them. I am overcome with gratitude and overwhelmed by the power of God to use regular people to do his work in the world.

Nita, Margie, Sherri: My ministry is a reflection of your ministry...and all of that reflects the love Christ has for the world! To God be the glory!

And let the MULTIPLICATION continue...

a


2 comments:

Larissa said...

Awww this made me tear up! What an awesome view of mentoring and using the gifts the Lord gives you!!

Will be praying that many heart are moved this week.

Also we MISS YOU!!!!

Grammee Whitener said...

I love you and miss you so much, friend!!!